Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Idle?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 08:21 PM
Clif Kincaid
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Idle?

Is this a normal issue.First start up in the morning with headlights on and defrost on.When i sit at idle this is what happens in the morning.As soon as I drop in drive and go I'm good,no issues.Ram 2500 diesel 07.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TQOgUFiZ6A

Any input will help.Thanks Guys in advance.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:12 PM
BrianSudokhoi02
Veteran

That is your grid heater cycling on and off. Perfectly normal.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Clif Kincaid

Thanks man,that is a sigh of relief.And do these automatics shift hard or wierd if you go from T.H. mode to O.D. mode then cruise mode.Im wondering if there was a chip installed prior to me buying this truck and if he had a chip and drove it hard with no guages.I can give videos but pics I cant seem to figure out on here

Old 09-26-2010, 09:19 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, the intake air heater draws something like 60 amps. Is it really that cold in Oly already? Seems like it's still early in the year for it. I thought the heat grids didn't cycle until ambient temps were in the 40s.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:57 PM
Clif Kincaid

Originally Posted by horatio102
Yeah, the intake air heater draws something like 60 amps. Is it really that cold in Oly already? Seems like it's still early in the year for it. I thought the heat grids didn't cycle until ambient temps were in the 40s.
The morning temps have been in the mid 40's already.I fish alot at day break and now my hands are becoming quite cold also

Old 09-27-2010, 07:20 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol

Ok, I guess it is cold enough up there for that now. That's pretty much why I moved to Florida from Bellingham. My folks still live in Oly though. Mom said it started raining last week up there and it's expected to basically continue raining through to next September.

It's mid-70's here when I leave for work.

Oh, and regarding your trans question, I'll ask my co-worker what he thinks. I'm a service tech at a Subaru dealer, but we're connected with a Dodge/Jeep dealer and he came over from doing trannies at Dodge.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:25 PM
Clif Kincaid

Originally Posted by horatio102
lol

Ok, I guess it is cold enough up there for that now. That's pretty much why I moved to Florida from Bellingham. My folks still live in Oly though. Mom said it started raining last week up there and it's expected to basically continue raining through to next September.

It's mid-70's here when I leave for work.

Oh, and regarding your trans question, I'll ask my co-worker what he thinks. I'm a service tech at a Subaru dealer, but we're connected with a Dodge/Jeep dealer and he came over from doing trannies at Dodge.
Thanks man I appreciate any info I can get.And It was 73 today 63 when I got up...WITH 100% humidity..AWESOMEhell no.

Quick Reply: Idle?