Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

programmer/module swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 12:21 AM
jetjarv
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default programmer/module swap

I bought this truck and the best I can think is that the previous owner had the edge. Doing some research the edge leaves some code behind when you unplug it.

I don't know what they previous owner uninstalled it correctly or just took it off.

Any problems with plugging in the smarty jr or do i need to do more research and get the same unit he had?

You can see that there is velcro on the fuse box. There is a small jack under the left vent and 2 pieces of velcro next to the two tweeters on the dash.

i don't know what he had, should I just get the smarty jr and be good with it or should i try to track this guy down and get the same unit he had?

Thanks

Old 04-07-2011, 08:54 PM
05 RAM 2500

well i have the smarty jr on my 05 and it says in the instructions the smarty can not fix what the other chips have caused so to me it would be better if you can find out i mean if it is the edge ez then i wouldnt worry but if it the juiced or a high horse chip then i would try to find out but thats just me

Old 04-07-2011, 08:56 PM
05 RAM 2500

but the smarty jr is a better option for the dodge its made for the cummins and thats all its the best for your truck

Quick Reply: programmer/module swap