Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

6.7 turbo issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 08:28 PM
woolz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 6.7 turbo issue

I own a 2007.5 dodge 3500 6.7l Mega cab. For the past 2 months or so, when I start my truck the engines seems to go into an idle mode. When I pressed on the gas it won't rev up. I shut the motor off, start it again and it runs fine.
This week it took it into my local dodge dealer to have them look at it. They pulled the error codes and said that the turbo had been shutting down. They said it needed to be replaced. My truck has 152,000 miles.
My question is this: Has anyone ever had an experience with this issue and if so, Is my turbo really going out? I'd like to know before I spend the money.
The dealer quoted me $2,800 for just the turbo. It's a Cummins turbo and not the Cummis Mopar turbo. I've been looking on line (Diesel Power Products) to see if I can get it for less money. There are quite a few to choose from. I am only looking to replace it with the same type as what is currently on my truck. Not looking to get more power or modify it in any way.
Any advise?

Old 01-25-2017, 10:49 PM
p38251
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could have two different issues. Any codes now? Sounds like a possible pedal sensor.