Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

2000 Dodge B1500 Van turn signal/wiper combo switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 12:57 PM
honkytonkstar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Dodge B1500 Van turn signal/wiper combo switch

Hello,
the turn signal switch of my 2000 B1500 van quit working (a common problem from what I heard...even though this is one of the parts on a car that really should NOT break!!). The price for the new part is absolutely insane...most switches for all other Dodge models are about 1/4 of the price of this one, not sure why...
Anyway, is anybody parting out a vehicle with a working switch or knows of a source to obtain it from for a REASONABLE price? It is Ac Delco part # C6260.
I could also use some advise on how to replace it since looking at it, the removal of the plastic cover by the steering wheel may bea little tricky due to airbag,I don't want to mess with any steering wheel components or takethe wheel off. Also seems that the ignition lock may be in the way. Does anybody have experience with this?
Any guidance is much appreciated.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:50 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Default RE: 2000 Dodge B1500 Van turn signal/wiper combo switch

I'm showing it as only $57 over at Autozone. I'd hardly call that an insane price.
http://www.autozone.com/N,15700603//...eResultSet.htm

Old 07-12-2007, 04:58 PM
honkytonkstar

Hmmm...thanks for the tip.
But when I look it up, it shows $ 209.99, whichI still consider insane, even though it is the lowest priceI have seen so far (anythingelseI've seen ranged from $ 280 - $ 400). Probably because it's from some aftermarket manufacturer, which doesn't matter to me.Do you have experience with changing such a thing?

Old 07-12-2007, 06:24 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i changed mine in my 01 ram truck. i just followed the haynes manual and pulled the covers off the steering col. i disconnected battery and waited the 2 min for air bag discharge and didn't have any serious problems although getting the covers off required some long skinny #20 torx, and then a set of security torx ($9 at autozone) for getting the multifunction switch (MFS) off. my switch was $42 also at AZ.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:17 PM
honkytonkstar

Tahnks for the advise. Unfortunately this switch is particular to the van/conversion van model only, so the one you used for your pick up will not work. I guess I guess I either haveto empty mywallet or wait until I come accross a used one (not very safe to drive without a turn signal though...tired of sticking my arm out of the window when I want to turn left! Luckily it's not winter time !!

Quick Reply: 2000 Dodge B1500 Van turn signal/wiper combo switch