Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Turnsignal/Hazzard Flasher Location

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 05:05 PM
floridacruiser
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Turnsignal/Hazzard Flasher Location

Driving my 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Van the other day and everything worked fine. Went around a corner and the turn signals didn't work. Immediately put the hazzards on and they blinked 2 times and quit.

Is it bad flashers that are causing this? Where are the flashers located? I can't find them....looked under the hood, pulled cover off fuse panel and looked under dash.

All input appreciated~~~~~~~Thanks..........Ron

Old 11-08-2009, 06:24 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

The turn signals and the hazards share a common flasher. It looks like one of the plug-in cube relays but bigger. It is located in the fuse panel inside next to the driver's door.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:49 PM
floridacruiser
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Still Not Working!!!

Originally Posted by alloro
The turn signals and the hazards share a common flasher. It looks like one of the plug-in cube relays but bigger. It is located in the fuse panel inside next to the driver's door.
Yep.......Found it and replaced it!!!! Still doesn't work. Brake Lights and Third Brake Light work fine. If you put on 4-ways with brake lights on, it will cancel out both brake lights. Put on either turn signal with brake lights on and it will cancel out that brake light on side you are turning.

I had a similar problem (no brake lights or turn lights) a couple of years ago and someone suggested replacing the multi-function switch which I did and still had the same problem. Come to find out....there was corrosion in the box under the dash where all the wire come from outside. Cleaned it up and used dialectic grease and cured the problem. I took the box apart this time and their is no corrosion.

I checked fuse in fuse panel and fusible link under hood. All OK!!! I'm stumped. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks~~~~Ron

Old 11-09-2009, 04:02 PM
landyacht318
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any chance you replaced all the flasher bulbs with LED's? The need a different type of flasher.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:45 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Check to see if fuse #10 is blown (15A). This #10 fuse powers the flasher circuit. There is a separate fuse (25A) that powers the turn signal bulbs.

Quick Reply: Turnsignal/Hazzard Flasher Location