Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Blower Motor

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 10:18 PM
jimemeone
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower Motor

I have a 2001 1500 convsersion van and the blower motor stopped working. Replaced the resisiter pack a few months ago when it would only work on high and has been good since. Checked the connections and they are good. Would like to get some advice on what to do next and if I need to replace the motor some steps to get that done. If I am correct it is inside under the dash on the passenger side and can only see a couple screws.
Thanks/Jim

Old 06-22-2011, 10:31 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

The blower motor is in the engine compartment below the resistor you replaced, not under the dash. The first thing to do is disconnect the 2-wire plug going to the blower and see if there is 12 volts on it when the blower switch is on high (key on, engine off). If there is 12 volts then replace the motor. If there isn't 12 volts then you have an electrical circuit issue. Alternately, you can try tapping the motor with a hammer to see if it kicks over (key on, engine off).

Old 06-24-2011, 10:20 PM
stev
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you check the fuse?

Old 06-25-2011, 06:23 PM
jimemeone
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Success

I love this forum. The replacement went in thanks to the responses I received. I just wish I could also contribute.
Jim

Old 06-26-2011, 12:23 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by jimemeone
I just wish I could also contribute.
Leave a quarter on the desk on your way out.

Actually you did contribute just by asking the question. Someone else with the same issue will find this thread during a search and bam, there's the answer just waiting for them.

Quick Reply: Blower Motor