Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

More questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 12:06 AM
Strahan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More questions

Sorry to keep asking so many questions, lol. I noticed looking under the van that the shocks are a bit old and rusty and when I hit some bumps on the highway it bounces quite a bit. I figured I should overhaul the shocks/springs. I saw a post touting Bilstein stuff, the guy said it was a little pricier than the average Monroe but that they are really nice. Does anyone have input on that? I'd rather spend a little and get something decent. Have no idea what to do about springs.

Also, my van is a Chrystar conversion. In the front upper center of the ceiling is a six gang red light up switch panel. I want to have some more stuff added and would like to match the style. Anyone know of those panels can be had somewhere? Probably not, so I'm also trying to find a decent panel with the same type of switch. I can find switches that are pretty close in single units (
Amazon.com: Gardner Bender GSW-48 Mini Rocker Switch Lighted fits .520" X .776" panel cutouts, 10A 125VAC, Single Pole Single Throw , ON-OFF, Spade Terminal, Red Light: Automotive Amazon.com: Gardner Bender GSW-48 Mini Rocker Switch Lighted fits .520" X .776" panel cutouts, 10A 125VAC, Single Pole Single Throw , ON-OFF, Spade Terminal, Red Light: Automotive
) so I guess I'll have to just get some ABS and cut holes to mount them. No idea how I'm gonna easily cut a .520" x .776" hole though.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:15 AM
landyacht318
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bilstein are definitely top quality, but pricey.

if you want a firm feel similar to bilstein, look into KYB Gas A Just. I know a few guys who think they are better than Bilstein and half the price.

I have them on all four corners and am impressed. I had monroe sensa tracs of for 30 miles but returned them due to squishy soft removed from road feel which I do not like.

If the springs are not sagging or bottoming out, forgo the new springs. if you do go for new front springs, look into doing the ball joints at the same time, and they are a PITA. the uppers require a special socket and ridiculous amounts of torque/

If you find a nice toggle switch mount for the linked switches, let me know. I have a 4 gang one that came with my van, and would love to have an 8 or 10, but never found a nice product for it.

You can find round switch housings but cutting perfectly sized rectangular holes for house a row of switches is not something I care to try again.

You should check out Vanning.com for enthusiast inspired van type stuff.

Quick Reply: More questions