Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1997 Dodge Ram B250 V-6 trouble

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 08:02 PM
stev
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Newoldstock
Thanks again for the input. I assumed that a bad oxygen sensor would show up with a check engine light. I haven't had a check engine light come on in the last few months. When I did have one - the scanner at Autozone gave a misfire code. I don't think it came on during my stated problem, and after it was reset it did not come on again. However, yesterday the problem occurred during driving at lower speeds. So whatever it is might be starting to fail completely. The oxygen sensors may be the problem, I'm going to check on the price for replacing them both. It might take me awhile to accomplish this, but I will report back when I have found, or not found the problem. Much thanks to all.
Sometimes the misfire is cause by a failing cap-n-rotor and/or an ignition wire set going bad. No codes would show that. A misfire sometimes.

There is a TSB on routing the ignition wires to avoid misfires and pre-ignition problems.

Last edited by stev; 01-17-2015 at 08:08 PM.

Quick Reply: 1997 Dodge Ram B250 V-6 trouble