Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

3" Body Lift

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 05:14 PM
jjmanes
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3" Body Lift

How difficult is it to install a 3" body lift? Is there any surprises I should be aware of before tackle this project? </P>

How many people have installed a 285/75/16 on the stock ram 3 spoke wheel and haven't had any problems? Such as tire being too wide, big loss of performance. Please let me know as I need to order some new tires before the snow comes. I would like the largest tire for my stock wheels, until I get a suspension lift and new wheels.</P>

1999 dodge ram sport </P>

5.2L, 4x4, gibson sport truck exhaust, K&amp;N ram air intake</P>

Old 10-31-2003, 09:24 PM
DODGE Germany
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3" Body Lift

Hi JJmanes,you want to do exactly what I done last year.So lets start: You´re driving a 4WD and this means your rig is about 1.5" higher at the stock than my 2WD. Your suggested tire ist the widest you could install without any risk on your oem-wheels.There are some nuts outhere,whose put some taller tire on it.It will fit and won´t rub, but if youre going to fast around a corner,you maybe get a serious problem with it.It makes POP and you could get your HiLift.I have really good exeperiences withe one of BFGoodrich AllTerrain.They don´t get loud and don´t gives you a bad fuel economy.If you want to buy and install those size,of course you have to lifted it with the 3" Bodylift.The best,wich is available is in my opinion the one from "performance assessories".But even this will gives you some problems. The BED: You have losen the bed-bolts from the underside,take some two strong guys liftet it up while putting these 3" Blocks under it,fitthe longer bolts of the kit inside and you lift the bed. EASY!!!Than you have to weld 4 securitysteelblocks on the framein the case of an overload of youre bed.(Get this Battery offline!!!)You get a piece of hose to extend your old gas/diesel filling hoseto the tank,because that old one is too short now.Don´t do that !! Go to a dealer and buy a 1 piecenew one that´s long enough.If you get to the *** of your truck,youll see that the bumper got a space to the bed of 3".Take the shackles from the kitand try to mount them.Eitherme and my Friend drankoneof those sixpacks too much or we´re stupid idiots that better buy one those Mercedes G-Class-Junk. WE COULD`NT FIX THIS F**K`ín piece of metal. I have to weld a shackle on my bumper and drill the right holes with the right diameter at the right position on my own. HUAHH!!!!One positive fact:All cables to the lights are long enough.You have to do nothing on it. BED is allready done, me and my buddy was drunken and the Saturday evening just began.Now the real funny part: The cabin and the front bumper.The same procedure:Remove the bolts lift the cabin and s**t!! You forget to removethe coolant plastik coverage.Remove this and store somewhere else.So once again.Lift the cabin and put some of these blocks under each fitting point.Fix it with the new bolts and ready.They will give you1 extension:Its a steel-thing wich must be welded on the steering-shaft.Of course you have to removeabout 60 cm steering-shaft to do it right (Security,ya know!!) Then you have to install thewhole shebang of the tranny, causeD is N, N is R you have to adjustthis with a highly precision.If you ready (I bet it is now around Sunday Midday) you can shortend 1/3 of the plastik shroud coverage and fit it again.Of course the original points won´t fit and so you ´re in the opinion that you coulduse the shackles of the kit.BUZZER!!! Throw them to the neighboursgarden and build some new that will fit.Now the best not to say the cream of the weekend (I bet you´re drunk again)THE FRONT BUMPER.Here won´t fit nothing I mean really nothing.If you want to get the same look like you see it at the oempart, you could take original shackles to lift the bumper and everything you have to do is to adjust it slightly and carefully with a 5kg Steelhammer.We´re in Germany call this thing "Motteck"and you will see by eating a mum´s grilled sausages and drinking a 4th sixpack a really nice lifted DODGE RAM in the Sunset on Sunday.</P>

Having fun, this was Mikel reporting from Germany</P><edited><editID>DODGE Germany</editID><editDate>37927.5849768519</editDate></edited>

Quick Reply: 3" Body Lift