Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Where to replace camshaft position sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 07:31 PM
dknix
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Where to replace camshaft position sensor?

**I figured it out, After I looked under the hood, I found the location. I did it and it worked! It took me about 10 minutes. I re-read the instructions and must have read it wrong. It didn't tell me the location, it was behind the intake manifold. Thanks for reading.

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 2.4L I4 MPI Sorry guys, I'm a gal and I'm trying to save a few dollars because I take care of my 95 yr old grandmother for the last 5 yrs and haven't been able to work (for a paycheck).

I received a code PO344 that the camshaft position sensor needs to be replaced. I purchased from my dodge dealer, I asked the service man where aprox is it located. I read the instructions on this site, but the service man said it looks like (over the phone) it's behind the intake manifold. Would that be correct and is the intake manifold the tube attached to the head(top of the motor)?

The instructions on this site say to remove neg battery cable disconnect the pcv hose then remove camshaft position sensor etc.... I tend to believe people on this site before the parts man over the phone. If the instructions are correct, I won't have any problems.

Is there a picture I can look at so I can see where it is or a web link somewhere that can better help me. My bother is a certified mechanic but he is 4 hours away, I can call to ask him simple questions, but he has no idea what my engine looks like. So, if anyone could at least direct me in a direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
Donna

Last edited by dknix; 06-02-2010 at 09:40 PM. Reason: After I looked under the hood, I found the location.

Quick Reply: Where to replace camshaft position sensor?