Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

A few questions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 07:54 PM
fadestoblack07
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few questions...

My 2004 stratus suspension gets a little squeeky when the weather is cold. Anybody know what this problem might be?
And I've been trying to get my rear brake drums off but have had no luck. Is there a secret to getting them off? I REALLY need to change my brake pads. Thanks!!!
Its a 4 door SE if that makes any difference

Old 09-20-2010, 10:11 AM
GALVANIZEDYANKEE
Professional

Cold weather squeek can come from the cold causing the bushings to harden. Rear drums......Make sure emergency brake is off. Sometimes you have to disconncet the cable to assure that the shoe is is completely free of drum contact. Sometimes the drums are worn to a point that they have a ridge on the outer edge. The shoe has to clear the ridge. Drums usually rust to the hubs. Pounding on the edge of the drum while rotating the drum usually breaks the drum loose. Use a shot filled impact hammer so you don't damage the drum. In the end you may still have to use a drum puller.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:00 PM
atimehascome

My car does this too. Even with new brakes in last year it was still squeaking. If you happen to find something that works, do tell.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:31 PM
castlenut
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried using a brake spoon? On the back of the drum there is usually a rubber plug that will allow you to insert the spoon so you can ease off the pressure on the shoes. You need to turn the thrust washer. It has little teeth on it that allow you to turn it with the spoon. Let us know...

Quick Reply: A few questions...