Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Suggestions on Removing O2 Sensor on 02 Stratus R/T

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 04:46 PM
tomf2011
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Suggestions on Removing O2 Sensor on 02 Stratus R/T

Hello,

I have a 2002 Stratus R/T with a 3.0 engine. The Bank 1 Sensor 1 O2 sensor failed. I'm having a real hard time removing the old sensor and I don't want to damaged it. This is the upstream sensor on the odd side of the engine located between the firewall and engine.

I tried spraying it with bust rust 3 times a day for 3days and running the engine to heat it up, but I can get this thing out with a 7/8" O2 sensor socket.

Any suggestions on removing this sensor would be greatly appreciated.......

Old 07-29-2014, 12:09 PM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tomf2011
Hello,

I have a 2002 Stratus R/T with a 3.0 engine. The Bank 1 Sensor 1 O2 sensor failed. I'm having a real hard time removing the old sensor and I don't want to damaged it. This is the upstream sensor on the odd side of the engine located between the firewall and engine.

I tried spraying it with bust rust 3 times a day for 3days and running the engine to heat it up, but I can get this thing out with a 7/8" O2 sensor socket.

Any suggestions on removing this sensor would be greatly appreciated.......
If you can get at it with a torch to heat it, your life will become much easier.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:00 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Get the appropriate sized crowfoot wrench and a long breaker bar and give it hell.

Quick Reply: Suggestions on Removing O2 Sensor on 02 Stratus R/T