Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Alternator or battery?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 03:23 PM
ejsmom13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternator or battery?

Full story: Back in February, my car lights were flickering and ended up not starting. Had it towed and was told the battery was fine and needed an alternator. I didn't have money for the alternator at the time so I bought a battery. It has lasted really until last month, when the lights started flickering and the battery light started coming on. I have limited my time in the car to emergencies only until I could get the alternator. I got the alternator put in today, but the lights still flicker. Could it be that the bad alternator killed my new battery? Or could it be something other than the battery or the alternator?

Old 10-11-2014, 05:19 PM
BillS
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would check the cables and connections especially the negative cable from battery to frame have seen several issues with that cable might need to remove from frame and clean contact area on frame of rust and corrosion ,make sure there clean ,no visible breaks and all are tight. could be battery most major auto parts(advance,auto zone etc) will check for free , could be alternator bad also

Quick Reply: Alternator or battery?