Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2003 Stratus Coupe bald tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 07:46 PM
Quiels
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Stratus Coupe bald tires

I am looking at replacing all four tires and the rear tires always seem to wear down to the threads on the inside while leaving tread towards the outsides. I've heard from numerous people that this is very common with stratus. I've also noticed that both fronts have same issue not as bad though, could just be out of alignment. The suspension coils are still original and may need to be replaced. Has anyone tried playing around with the rear suspension, I know it can be shimmed but its a "do it at your own risk". Also I am trying to identify what the rid height should be at, in my owners manual It only gives a minimum ground clearance of 6.2" on the front and doesn't specify where exactly on the car the dimension is take from. Any insight or paste experience would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:06 AM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Suspension parts are most likely worn out, causing your alignment to be off, causing your tire wear.

My 06 sedan needed everything replaced at 103k, so don't be surprised if everything is shot under there.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:39 AM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

There is some negative camber stock, but like mentioned your struts may be worn out. Typically when you have an alignment done they will tell you if they used the full range of adjustment and needed more. A homemade camber kit is easy and i have had no issues with mine since lowering over 6 years ago. It involves longer metric bolts (the highest strength you can find) and stacking washers to push out the upper control arm. Moog makes a kit that does the same thing. Moog part #K7332

Quick Reply: 2003 Stratus Coupe bald tires