Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Where to start?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 04:26 PM
Boatnik
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to start?

The car is a 2000 Stratus 2.4 with auto transaxle.
First order of business is wheels and tires. What would be a good size for good road manners on the back country roads I like to drive? The 14 inch are weathered and there isn't much to choose from.

Second is what area should I expect problems if I decide to add some performance mods to the engine?

Third, how well does the 2.4 respond to a performance chip?

Old 11-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Boatnik

If this is the wrong place to ask these questions please redirect me to the correct forum.

Old 11-11-2014, 12:24 PM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My 06 sedan had 16" wheels with 205/60r16 tires. I had it lowered and it was still very smooth riding and extremely well mannered on back roads.

IIRC the 2.4 can have the SRT4 parts swapped on for easy turbo addition. The 2.4 IMO was a pretty anemic motor. Basic mods may get it close to the V6.

Most "chips" are a joke. Some plug in tuners are decent, although on an otherwise stock car they won't do much good anyway.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:37 PM
Boatnik

I appreciate the come back. My other driver is a 1992 W350. It is a little shock therapy jumping out of one into the other. I enjoy driving both but the Strat is a little easier on the pocket book.

Quick Reply: Where to start?