Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

05 Stratus, ALL lights flicker constantly

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 09:57 PM
jsnh1964
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Stratus, ALL lights flicker constantly

2005 Dodge Stratus, All lights will flicker really fast. Car runs beautifully, no problems except the dash lights will flicker really fast, the radio light will go out (but never resets the clock time) the headlights will flicker just like the dash lights.
I just changed the alternator (had it tested, it was going bad) but nothing changed with the flickering lights. (The radio is now staying on tho)
Someone told me it could be the voltage regulator which they say is in the PCM in that car. I looked online, the symptoms of a bad PCM doesnt seem to be flickering lights. Everything I read online points to an alternator, which I just changed.
I had the battery tested, it showed that it was keeping a charge but it was giving a error saying that the battery cables were loose or they were being wiggled. Doesnt make much sense to me but I am confused as to what to do next.
With the care running perfectly, I am not sure what can be the problem
Anyone have any suggestions? and if it is the PCM, where it is located in my car?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks

Old 03-25-2015, 09:47 AM
ohio_grad_06
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have the alternator tested? In a car I had, I had an alternator that was only a few months old start going out after being changed. Also, if your alternator is bad, depending what is wrong with it, you could damage the pcm. At least with my Ford Taurus I had, that was what I was told.

Quick Reply: 05 Stratus, ALL lights flicker constantly