Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2003 stratus sedan 2.4L x engine

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 09:25 PM
kidantrim
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 2003 stratus sedan 2.4L x engine

Hello everyone I am new to this forum so first let me say thanks for any and
all info it is very much appreciated.
I recently aquired a 2003 stratus 2.4l vin of X the previous owner said it was knocking for a short time before the timing belt broke, I am a decent mechanic but I know very little about these engines, My question is: do you think it is junk and should be replaced. do they use balance shafts like other dodge 4 cyl I know that it is an interference engine and I can get a replacement head my concern is the knock he told me it ran like a top right up till the belt broke and although it knocked he didn't think it was a rod knock he is the original owner and although he is not a mechanic he is pretty mechanically incline. other than the engine this is a very nice car and worth sinking some time and money into
the problem is I have a lot of time and very little money as my wife has recently been downsized, so i need to do this myself. I am capable but do not wish to start blind. any help would be much appreciated. thanks

Quick Reply: 2003 stratus sedan 2.4L x engine