Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Front Strut Or Brake Rotor Noise?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 08:45 PM
Travism86
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Strut Or Brake Rotor Noise?

My wife drives a 2005 Stratus with 68K mils, and has noticed that when she is applying the brakes the car shakes. I have also noticed a noise from the drivers side strut tower area. My initial thought was that it was time for new rotors. I had the brakes and suspension checked recently and they told me it was just an annoying "dodge thing." Is there any truth to this or should I look into it further?

Old 06-09-2015, 09:46 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

Whoever "they" is are full of it. Vibrations while braking are definitely warped rotors. Even though you have low mileage, the car is 10 years old. Probably time for brakes and struts, or any other front end part that moves. Ball joints, tie rods, etc. I'd take it somewhere else if you are not familiar with troubleshooting and repairing these types of things.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:53 PM
Travism86
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I'm pretty knowledgeable about trouble shooting and replacing brakes and suspension components. My first thought was warped rotors. but since I'm on the road a lot for work I had her take it in. Pretty sure they just took advantage of her. I'll have to look into it further when I get home.

Quick Reply: Front Strut Or Brake Rotor Noise?