Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Timing & Seal preferred brand? 95 2.4 DOHC

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 11:49 AM
protivakid
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timing & Seal preferred brand? 95 2.4 DOHC

Got a 95 2.4 engine from a stratus with the hydraulic tensioner. I plan to re-use the tensioner if it's in good shape. I want to do a full timing & seal job on it before dropping it in the car.

What brand is preferred? So far from searching it seems that GATES for all timing components (pump, belt, idler), FELPRO for the rear main seal because of the ease of installation, and MOPAR/Felpro for the other seals. Open to other suggestions so let me know?

Are there any seals that I should not touch unless they are already leaking? I don't want to create a bigger problem messing with them.

I was thinking of doing the headgasket as well but it almost looks from the pic below that the previous owner may have done it. There is a black layer on the gasket that you can see flaking off but the metal part seems very not rusty. Thoughts? Worth doing anyways?

Last edited by protivakid; 05-26-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Timing & Seal preferred brand? 95 2.4 DOHC