Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

1G Stratus 3.5 V6 upgrade? Is it possible?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 06:23 PM
2KStratSE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1G Stratus 3.5 V6 upgrade? Is it possible?

Hey all-

I've been doing some research on V6 swaps on 2G Stratus upgrading 2.7 to 3.3, 3.5 etc. Supposedly the TCM/ECM interface is almost direct.

My question... Would it be possible to do the same on a 1G Stratus with stock 2.5 V6, but with a 3.5HO from a 300M? My Stratus is a 2.4I, and after having the misfortune of rebuilding everything under the timing cover, it seemed the 2.4 was taking up almost the entire engine bay, leaving me to wonder if anything other than a 2.5 would even fit....

I also have a 2000 300M with 108K. The car is a complete FPOS and I hate it, but the engine and transmission are in great shape, not even a drip anywhere.

It seems like a daunting project; I think it could be fitted up electronically, however, LH platform's transverse drivetrain and the physical size of the 3.5 squeezing into a Stratus engine are leaving me to wonder. Again, found 2G swaps work, but I haven't found anything on whether a 1G changeout is even possible.

Any thoughts? I'm hoping somebody somewhere attempted this and can tell me it *may* work!

Quick Reply: 1G Stratus 3.5 V6 upgrade? Is it possible?