Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Swapping engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 04:57 PM
Aleshia Hutchison
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swapping engine

I have a 2002 stratus r/t, looking at buying a 2004 cadillac cts-v as a second car (toy). Considering eventually taking the corvette engine out of the cadillac and putting in the stratus, not sure if it's possible or worth the time and effort...??

Old 03-16-2016, 05:21 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Y
Originally Posted by Aleshia Hutchison
I have a 2002 stratus r/t, looking at buying a 2004 cadillac cts-v as a second car (toy). Considering eventually taking the corvette engine out of the cadillac and putting in the stratus, not sure if it's possible or worth the time and effort...??
If you have deep pockets and tons of time, go for it. It will neither be easy, cheap or quick. As to if it is worth your time and effort? I do not know the answer to that question as I don't know how much time and effort you are willing to put into such a swap. That being said, with enough time, effort and money, anything is possible.

Last edited by jkeaton; 03-17-2016 at 07:36 AM.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:13 AM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I assume youre going for RWD as well? Youll need some good bracing, as the unibody will twist at the first good launch. Youre better off getting a 2004 EVO and swapping over the rear subframe and everything else and going AWD.

Quick Reply: Swapping engine