Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

A/C stops working when driving

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 07:33 PM
GrenadeGirl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C stops working when driving

Hi all, my A/C is driving me crazy and I am in need of assistance. Here is what is going on. The A/C works great when the car is stationary but as I drive it begins blowing engine temp air in. I have checked the following based on my knowledge and the recommendations of others.

134a level - good
blower motor - continuous and consistent performance
recirculation door - works properly
heater/ A/C control assembly - works properly

After speaking to others they suggested the following to narrow down the issue.
rev engine to 3000 or so in park and see if the A/C stops working - it did stop working and as a result they suggested it may be a vacuum issue. However my check engine light is not on and my car is running fine otherwise. I would not expect that to be the case if it were a vacuum system issue.

Also I am under the impression it is not a blend door issue since the temperature changes to the setting requested when the vehicle is stationary. And may be unrelated but I also noticed this winter I would get engine temp air when moving but outside temp air when stationary.

Does this sound accurate and if so where do you suggest I start?

Thank you

Last edited by GrenadeGirl; 06-12-2016 at 07:45 PM. Reason: adding additional information
Old 06-13-2016, 01:00 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

There is a high pressure transducer involved that the PCM reads. It may be reading high and cutting your ac compressor off at the wrong time. It must be read with a scan tool.

Quick Reply: A/C stops working when driving