Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2005 Stratus 2.4L DOSH Won't start

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 06:25 PM
KBedell
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Stratus 2.4L DOSH Won't start

This has been a challenge. I have now a new batter, cleaned battery cables, new starter, and new alternator (so much for listening to the guys who know everything about cars...LOL). I also put in a new computer board. The car started when I first tried after installing the new computer, however, it soon took on the original problem of not starting. I turn the key and get nothing? I don't get dimming lights, I get no sound at all. If I jumper starter relay it works. Someone told me that the stratus has an anti-theft issue. I have reviewed the schematics but only find this on "keyless entry" models. Anyone out there that can help, p[lease chime in.

Old 07-16-2016, 11:36 PM
Douggro
Rookie

Vehicles with the anti-theft keys (keys with the microchip in them, called Sentry Keys) usually also have the keyless entry - but not always. Sentry keys communicate with the SKIM (Sentry Key Immobilization Module) via a reader ring around the ignition switch or under the cover around the switch. There should be an indicator in the dash if the SKIM has been activated. Check your Owner's Manual for info on the anti-theft system.

Your symptoms are what could be expected if the SKIM is locking down the ignition - you usually get no more than three starts with a non-Sentry key before it locks down the system.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:31 AM
BillS
Captain

if you have one the skim module should be under dash where the body control module is .don't have my stratus anymore no schematics to send you ,was computer new or used or rebuilt did they program VIN # into it ,have you checked ASD relay in fuse box under hood

Quick Reply: 2005 Stratus 2.4L DOSH Won't start