K-Cars The generation of cars that will forever live in infamy. The glorious K-car.

94 Sundance stalled now won't start.Help :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 06:38 PM
thergirl66
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Sundance stalled now won't start.Help :(

Hello, I have a 94 Sundance.I was driving home and all of a sudden it just died.No noise, no nothing.when I tried to restart it, it turned over but will not start.I did the key dance and I got a code of 33 which has to do with the air conditioner.Does anyone have any ideas where I should start???? I would appreciate your help.
Thanks, Rita

I don't know if this helps but I have been letting the gas get pretty low (almost on e) lately before I put gas in it. Could this have caused a problem??? I had just put gas in it before this happend so I know I wasn't out of gas.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:02 PM
rare aries
Keeper of the Ks
Default RE: 94 Sundance stalled now won't start.Help :(

I always belive in starting with the cheapest fix first. Being you always let it run low I'd start by changing the fuel filter. After you change it dump a can of SEA-FOAM in the tank this will clean any crud in the lines and injectors out. I've used this stuff many times in my cars it works quite well. As for the code, I cant think of any reason the A/C would cause it not to start.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:51 AM
thergirl66

Thanks for your fast reply I really appreciate it
I will try what u suggested. A relative of mine said it might be the timing belt. I found the belt on the car, how do I check it?
Thanks, Rita

Old 05-08-2008, 05:58 PM
rare aries
Keeper of the Ks

Timing belt.....How could I have forgot that[:@]. The timing belt is behind a cover on the passenger side of the engine same side as the belts, (you cant the timing belt with out removing the cover)one way to check it is have a compression test done, if the compression is 0 in one of the cylinders that could mean one of the valves either intake or exhaust is open. This is a good sign of a broken timing belt, the timing belt goes around the cranksaft, around the water pump, then around the camshaft. When the engine is running or turned over the crankshaft turns, turning the water pump and camshaft, the camshaft when it turns opens and closes the intake/exhaust valves, if the belt breaks, the camshaft will stop turning and whatever position its in will hold open or closed the valves.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Usagi

Uhm, i dunno about the v6's but the 2.2/2.5's WP is driven by an accessory belt. i know, i lost the belt and the gauge just SHOT to H in less than a minute or so. (100+ Day)

Old 05-09-2008, 10:05 AM
thergirl66

I hope it is not the timing belt, cuz my neices husband (who is the one that fixes my car for me) said he will not mess with it cuz its a pain he is very good mechanic all self tought. he never charges me, but I always slip him some money. I had noticed in the few weeks b4 my car broke down that sometimes it acted like it was going to stall usually when slowing down or coming to a stop.I don't know if that helps or not but I did notice that.
Thanks, Rita

Quick Reply: 94 Sundance stalled now won't start.Help :(