K-Cars The generation of cars that will forever live in infamy. The glorious K-car.

93 Sundance Odd Tranny Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 05:55 AM
FL4T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Sundance Odd Tranny Issues

hey all, just bought a 93 sundance coupe, 5mt, 2.2 n/a and on the way home something happened to the tranny

car wont go into first from neutral, but it will go into second, then from second it needs forced into first..

i drove about 30 miles like this from where i bought the car, everything is running find until off of the freeway i shift into first as i slowed to the light then my oil light started flashing and the clutch 'wont engage'

when the cars off, i can shift into all gears with and without a depressed clutch
when the car is running, i can shift into all gears with the clutch depressed
when i release the clutch the car does not stall in any gear

the clutch pedal feels fine, when i put it in gear when its running however, there is a 'resistance' feeling in the gas pedal-almost like im accelerating

that sat outside the house for a week, today i bought a 94 shadow sedan, automatic and a 2.5...

wondering about the odd tranny issues and also what parts i can swap over to either, id like to keep the sundance coupe, but the shadow has cruise and such so its a toss up.. interchangability?

i came from subarus so im all *** backwards now, ha

Quick Reply: 93 Sundance Odd Tranny Issues