Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

No boost

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 07:22 PM
timewarp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation No boost

Drove to work this am, no problems. Started to leave this pm started and oil light came on. Shut it down and restarted no oil light. Left parking garage and boost gauge only goes to the grey area showing zero boost, along with a high pitch squeel.. No codes,or loose lines I can find. Turbo gone? 156000 miles runs fine other then doesnt want to make any power.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:11 PM
70x7
Veteran

what is your oil level? It probably shut off after you drove it because you cycled the oil already and "fooled" it into thinking there was more in it than there was.
The SRT turbos are both oil and water cooled
However they may be related maybe not..have you done a boost leak test to make sure there wasnt a line that popped off that was missed?

Old 05-16-2013, 07:09 AM
timewarp

I checked the oil level, it was fine and I had just changed it a couple of weeks ago also. Could not see any lines loose, pulled on all the intercooler lines to make sure they were tight, popped those in the past but when that happened there is NO power at all. This is more like a normal 2.4 w/out turbo. No codes or lights other than the oil light at startup that one time. Drove to work this morning 22 miles no problem other then no power to speak of. Still get the high pitch whine when the boost gauge hits zero pressure, thinking its the turbo cartridge.
Any tips on what to do, factory, aftermarket, or convert to T3/T4?
Thanks

Old 05-16-2013, 05:21 PM
70x7
Veteran

Ive been out of the SRT loop for awhile so Im not sure on what to go with..but i would say it depends on the power curve you want. Mopar Stage 3 had a great power delivery across the power band but I went with a dbb50 trim and it made alot of power. Of course you need to keep in mind all the supporting mods that need to be done along with it.
Getting a stock turbo and porting it would be alot cheaper and those make good power as well...

Old 09-10-2013, 08:05 AM
rob2207

Did u find out what it was mines doin the same

Quick Reply: No boost