Go Back   DodgeForum.com > Dodge Cars > Dodge Neon > Neon SRT-4
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

SR20DET 240sx VS. SRT-4

Old 02-10-2006, 06:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to SRT4Welder
Default RE: SR20DET 240sx VS. SRT-4

Ok Some input..... Im a HUGE NISSAN fan, had a 240 for my first car, Altima 2nd, altima 3rd....chances are i will continue to go with Nissan.... Anyways: the good stuff....

240sx w/ SR20DE-T Estimated HP Based on boost 280-300whp vs 2003 SRT-4 327whp and 343tq

about 3 weeks ago we were at a car hang out, and we noticed a HUGE intercooled 240, Since i was curious to see if he had a KA-T and my buddy has been dying to run one with the same engine i am turbo charging on my altima; yet to my dissapointment he had a SR20DE-T; T28-Stock Turbo; 14psi NO A/F Controllers; and his timing was advanced a tad bit = dangerous. SR20's can handle 14psi with 370cc injectors on the verge of safely and oh NO TROUBLE. But as everyone knows its all about tuning . To my estimation that 280 had anywhere from 280-300whp. He also had stock tires. So we agree to do 2 runs, one off the hole, another rolling... around here the highways at night are DEAD.. 2 cars every 5-6 minutes. So we do a run from the hole.... Srt takes a small chug forward then punches it as the 240 does the same, both cars spin tires from 1st >>>> 2nd.... high 2nd it catches grip, the 240 is now a car behind, mid 3rd the 240 fly's by; 4th (srt4) the 240 is a car ahead... shut down...

2nd run roll, 40mph... 3 honkerss spin through 2nd, pop 3rd car in a half in front of 240, end of 3rd 240 half a car, mid 4th 240 walking by.

To my belief there is alot of factors from rwd to fwd, in addition the sr20 is a monster up top on the rev, they produce torque but not as much as a SRT-4 or a KA engine. Just there is a huge market for that engine.
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!
Old 02-10-2006, 06:00 PM

Tags
limiter, redtop, rev, s13, sr20det, v35de