Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

SRT-4 vs 350Z ????

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 05:24 AM
joshgish
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SRT-4 vs 350Z ????

There is a guy that lives across the street from me and he has a newer one. I always see him messing with it on the weekends and I have talked to him a couple times, he thought I was crazy when I told him that I smoked 350z's all the time and said he ran 14.0 at the track and now he has exhaust so he is faster now. Well to make a already long story shorter we raced from a 20 mph roll ( his choice) and I beat him by about 3 cars by the time I hit 90. He was really cool about it and gave me my credit and said that I had a pretty fast car but he still likes his car better cause of the looks of course. Did not make any excuses though which most people who lose do

Old 04-13-2007, 10:54 PM
Plan B
Captain
Default RE: SRT-4 vs 350Z ????

I think you would of taken him as well. Two weeks ago I was on my way to protland from Seattle. Ran into a new 350z with the Greddy exhaust (maybe more, dunno). After miles and miles of racing and whatnot, he called it quits because he just couldn't keep up. I was a little disappointed to say the least. i love the style and have always been a fan of Z cars, but to spank him as bad as I did and over and over again..... Let's just say that the last run was from 40mph to about 120mph and I had to slow down and wait for him.....

Old 06-09-2014, 08:00 PM
Nisson350

Ok here is my take, first of all this is a dodge forum so most favor dodge duh. I own a 2003 touring Z, test pipes, dual exhaust, pulleys and spacer. Spent very little on this. car weighs 3250 lbs. I was at the now closed down Countyline Dragway about a year and a half ago it is/was a 1/8 track. Alongside pulls up your car Caliber R/T a chinese guy driving it I believe it was black he had a Gopro camera asked if he could film, courteous I guess. Well I took him, it depends on the driver you have to know how to race the Z. In the take off a skilled driver can capitalize on turbo lag and stay ahead. I also ran 14.1 in the 1/4 and 9.0 on the 1/8 but will usually cross the finish before a car that can do 8.8. The people at a Z forum said I was slow I believe it could be faster with better tuning. I think stock for stock can beat the caliber it has many advantages, no tire spin on take off, N/A and lighter. He never posted the video anywhere if he is a member have him post it be honest.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:10 PM
Nisson350

Originally Posted by Plan B
I think you would of taken him as well. Two weeks ago I was on my way to protland from Seattle. Ran into a new 350z with the Greddy exhaust (maybe more, dunno). After miles and miles of racing and whatnot, he called it quits because he just couldn't keep up. I was a little disappointed to say the least. i love the style and have always been a fan of Z cars, but to spank him as bad as I did and over and over again..... Let's just say that the last run was from 40mph to about 120mph and I had to slow down and wait for him.....
Thats just it Plan B the Z does it in 5.4 and the guy was probably afraid to go faster I have taken mine to 150 easily with about 15 to 20 left.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Nisson350

Oh last thing I raced a Superbee he ran 8.7 to my 9.0 guess who got the W. Don't believe me I have the video. Ok let me get the heck outta Dodge whew lucky no one saw me!

Quick Reply: SRT-4 vs 350Z ????