New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

4th Gen

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 06:03 PM
biggcrisp
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4th Gen

Hello, just purchased my first RAM truck.

Bought a used, one owner, 2010 1500 SLT 4X4 with 122,500 miles on it.

Window sticker was still in the glovebox. Original invoice listed for $40,000+

Test drive was convincing. Carfax was clean and the price was right considering the higher miles.

New brakes and tires were obvious. Further Inspection showed no body/frame rust or oil leaks other than the right front axle seal. Overall rating would be: good. It has nice original black paint, interior shows no wear whatsoever, tinted windows and a 2.5" lift to boot. 70 mph shows no wobble or shake. Engine is smooth and quiet.

This will be a garage queen driven for leisure, not a daily driver. However, we do plan to tow a 5,000 lbs. 26' travel trailer with it every now and then.

First service was a Dealer performed rear axle complete rebuild N08 recall. I then changed the front axle gear oil, transfer case fluid, engine oil and new antifreeze. Trans fluid appears clean. However, the trans oil pan is starting to show some rust. Spark plugs will probably be next.

Looking forward to sharing my ownership experience...and yes, I am a little nervous about the (high to me) miles.

Also I am very impressed with the build and ride quality.

Old 07-28-2014, 02:52 AM
gerry92
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds a reliable one and very well taken cared, nice purchase! Welcome aboard.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:42 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome to DF. Be sure to check out the 4th gen Ram section.