Hi all, here is my problem...
After being parked during extremely heavy rains, rain water will drip rapidly from under the blower motor, but only after the Caravan starts or stops abruptly (ie, accelerates hard or brakes hard). This can be hours or days after the rain. Then, after 15-30 minutes of driving and dripping, the drips stop.
Also, when driving stop-and-go during heavy rains, it drips steadily.
This photo, taken between passenger's feet looking up under the glove box, shows the drip. https://flic.kr/p/oDhoUM
My guess is that rain is leaking into the air plenum and puddling there while stationary, and drains out when movement sloshes it around.
I read advice in several earlier posts...
- I removed the wiper arms and cowl cover. The tray is clear. Both drain openings are clear.
- Both wiper drain tubes seem to be clear. They take buckets of water well.
- The liquid dripping inside is definitely rain water. It's not coolant.
- The seal in the firewall around the coolant and a/c tubing seems good.
- The dripping does not start, stop, increase, or decrease based upon heat, a/c, temp, or recirc settings.
Any more ideas how it's getting in?