PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Fuel or what Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 07:19 AM
JTW
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel or what Problems

Has anybody had one like this???
I have 98 Ram Quad5.9V8 I have know idea whats going on but I drive about 8 miles and my truck shuts down!! I've pulled the box off cause I have a forklift and 6 boltswere nothing to take out because of the great design being inside of the channel rail. The fuel pump seems to work well when you fire the truck up and are going down the road but you drive 8 miles and itquits.. You let it sit for 30 minutes and it will fire right back up. I changed the relay fuel sensor in thepower system . One of my freinds said to change the coilthey break down so I did . Has anybody got any idea what'sgoing on.. I could keep changing everything but don't have that much money . Do the fuel pumps get weak and loose pressure? I sure would like some help on this!!!Thanks

Old 08-31-2007, 08:53 AM
JTW
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel or what Problems

It's me JTW found out what my problem was !DUH hooked it to a computer (hand held) from a store AZ it cam up as a camshaft positining sensor..what a pain pulling that and puttting that back in..it's on the leftside looking at the truck between the fire wall ontop of the bell housing....

Quick Reply: Fuel or what Problems