3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2004 RAM fuel rollover valve broken

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 11:30 AM
boda
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 RAM fuel rollover valve broken

I thought I would save some money and decided to try to replace my fuel pump myself. In doing so, I cracked 2 nipples off on what I am told is the rollover valve. Both broken nipples are for vent hoses. One runs over to a fitting on the opposite side of the fuel tank, and the other one runs up to the fuel fill neck.

I googled it and am being told that part is not available as a stand alone part. I am told you have to buy an entire new fuel tank.

Is this correct? Does anyone know of any third party part that may fix my problem?

If not, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Old 01-23-2017, 06:57 PM
goobit

Hey I recently have this issue. The shop mechanic broke it when he took the tank off. Apparently they are telling me that I have to replace the tank at my cost.

Did you find a solution?

Old 01-23-2017, 08:26 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by goobit
Hey I recently have this issue. The shop mechanic broke it when he took the tank off. Apparently they are telling me that I have to replace the tank at my cost.

Did you find a solution?

When they get some age on them, they are very easy to break. You really can't avoid it since you have to drop the tank some to access it to even disconnect it. By then it's too late.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:36 AM
boda

My friend ended up epoxying the broken piece back on. Not the ideal solution but it has stayed on and I have not had any performance problems.

Sure beat shelling out $ 800 for a work truck with 240,000 miles.

Good luck.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:02 PM
goobit

Well. There was a local shop that will repair and "refurbish" the tank. It will definitely provide savings. My truck is "old", and as Boda mentions, not worth trying to sink too much money into it.

Old 03-07-2021, 09:51 AM
Satesh Persaud
Default Rollover valve

Hey did you find a solution for the rollover value? My 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 has been in the shop for like 3 weeks. Trying to find a tank which I got from a parts car. But one of the nozzles are broken on the rollover value. Trying to see if I can even remove the valve and then find a replacement valve

Quick Reply: 2004 RAM fuel rollover valve broken