1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

HVAC box stuck what am i missing??

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 10:46 PM
Karx
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC box stuck what am i missing??

Ok what am i missing? i am pretty sure i unscrewed 4 nuts off of the back of the HVAC box but it is still stuck. There is one screw that i circled in red that still looks like its stuck and for some reason there was a nut on it?? im on the home stretch but plz somebody help!

Old 01-20-2017, 10:47 PM
Karx
Amateur

and its a 2000 dodge durango with a 5.9 ltr engine!

Old 01-23-2017, 04:18 PM
Pspklutch
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's been about 4 years since I had the hvac box out of mine. But if I remember right there were four nuts for the box. But the one circled in red doesn't look like a stud that's for the ac box. Looks more like a ground lug or a mounting point for something in the engine bay. There should be one more silver stud with a nut on it holding the box in. If I remember right, it's like right behind the intake manifold. Real PITA to get to. But like I said, it's been about 4 years, so...

Old 01-24-2017, 12:22 AM
Karx
Amateur

Originally Posted by Pspklutch
It's been about 4 years since I had the hvac box out of mine. But if I remember right there were four nuts for the box. But the one circled in red doesn't look like a stud that's for the ac box. Looks more like a ground lug or a mounting point for something in the engine bay. There should be one more silver stud with a nut on it holding the box in. If I remember right, it's like right behind the intake manifold. Real PITA to get to. But like I said, it's been about 4 years, so...
Hey thank you for the reply! i finished the job i ended up getting a little frustrated before i saw your comment and ripped the hvac box out by accident so there is a big hole in the back now! i am officialy looking for another hvac box because i have barely any heat now haha its all good tho the car is running and i learned alot THX AGAIN

PS i also broke the main vacuum line that runs through the fire wall next to the heater core hoses, is that a big problem??

Old 01-24-2017, 08:43 AM
Pspklutch
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! And yeh that brittle vacuum tube. That thing is HORRIBLE for breaking. You can take a piece of it down to an auto parts store and get the length you need to replace all of the plastic line. You have to have that vacuum line hooked up properly or your vents will only blow at the windshield no matter what you turn the **** to.