Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

DODGE RAM SUSPENSION HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 02:57 PM
HemiPower88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DODGE RAM SUSPENSION HELP!!

OK i dont no if you guys are having the same problem but it seems like my rams suspension IS S***. Man everytime im on the freeway it feels like im riding waves and its very uncomfortable. Not only that but lets say some roads are jacked up instead of me having a smooth ride I feel the nicks, and bumps in the road.

NOw what do you guys think that problem would be?? the shocks? I mean i have been trying to look for a question similiar to mine but its hard to find them..... If you guys can plzz help me out with this problem give me some pointers where to start my investigation not only that but let me know some good after market products that can make this truckhave a smoooooother ride... thanks!

04 dodge ram 1500
quad cab 4X2

Old 07-24-2008, 10:50 AM
tommyv
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DODGE RAM SUSPENSION HELP!!

Ya any help on this would be awesome!
I have a 07 1500 Reg Cab 4X4 Sport and after a year I gotta say the ride is for s**t. [&:]
I have the same exact feeling as HEMIPOWER88 describes...............I was looking for info on replacement shocks when I came across his message.
Anyone got any answers to help smooth this baby out any?

out,
t

Old 07-24-2008, 02:33 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: DODGE RAM SUSPENSION HELP!!

Manufacturers are always trying to increase the capacities of 1500 trucks so the towing/hauling specs rival 2500 series trucks. Rear springs (leafs) are getting stiffer & beefier. Temporarily put some weight over the rear springs to see if it smooths out the ride. I'd say about 100 lbs. inside each tire well hump should do it.
Then you'll know if the bouncy ride is coming from the stiff springs or not. Once you know if this is the issue, you can address the springs...

My '04 is not bad at all, but I've got a 4" suspension lift with adjustable shocks. I had a '98 that had a body lift and it was terrible before and after the lift. Bounced all over the rode with an empty bed! Rode around with sand bags in the bed and it made a world of difference. I never did replace or cut the springs, I got lazy and just kept the bags in the bed...

Also, if you have 20" wheels it will contribute to the problem, not near enough flex in the tire, IMO. A change to 17s with the same height tire would also smooth out the ride on bumps a good bit...

Quick Reply: DODGE RAM SUSPENSION HELP!!