1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 04:14 AM
sprman9
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supercharger

i was wondering if anyone has tried a supercharger or if there is even one there for an avenger. its compare and contrast between a superchager and a turbocharger. just wondering if anyone has tried that and had luck with it.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:41 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: supercharger

There's been two different types used on the 2.5. A RIPP kit is used on two Avenger/Sebring cars at this time. The first one was, I believe a roots type blower and required a ton of modifications to the plenum and the RIPP kits also needing a plenum modification. I'll get the info for you in a bit. There isn't a "kit" for our motors either. The RIPP kit is the closest you're going to find that is going to be a "bolt on" and those were made for the 3.0L, so they aren't really even a bolt on. Don't be discouraged though, it can work just as a turbo can work.
I'm on vacation at the moment so, I'll come back to this later on today with the info. I just wanted to let you know that it's possible.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:21 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

easist route is the 3.0 swap with the ripp mods kit ....
I'm looking into a V6 tibburon supercharger to see if it can be modded to work ...

Old 04-10-2007, 11:03 PM
sprman9
Rookie

thats good to hear that there is a possibility for the 2.5. the 3.0 is in the mix. i do like the supercharger idea because there is no turbo lag. thanks a bunch for the quick feedback guys.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:08 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Unless you've experienced a turbo car or even a turbo'd car, you're over thinking the lag. Besides that, even with a large turbo, lag isn't felt as bad as you might think. The car is constantly gaining speed, the turbo is the thing to slingshot you forward in a very rapid rate. A supercharger is on all the time, that can mean two things. One is that it will give you 1 mile per gallon (I'm exaggerating), or....you have power throughout the entire powerband. I'm not at all saying or implying that a turbo is better..blah, blah. I'm just letting you know that you may be jumping on the "lag" wagon too quickly.

Old 04-11-2007, 07:10 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Original post: Burn504
Original post: Sroufe7
Supercharging V6 Parts List
Ripp Mods Tuners Kit
Headers
Larger Fuel Injectors
Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator (Have To Have A Return Full System)
Fuel Controller
2000-2005 Eclipse 3.0 A/C Compressor
2000-2005 Eclipse 3.0 Crank Pulley
Reversed A/C & Supercharger Belt Tensioner Bolt
A/C & Supercharger Belt
Power Steering & Alternator Belt
MSD BTM
MSD Blaster 3 Coil
Modified Distributor Cap
Slim Radiator Fans
Tap Oil Pan for Supercharger Oil Return
“T” at Oil Pressure Sending Unit (For Supercharger Oil Feed)
Aftermarket 2.5” Exhaust
Wideband Gauge
EGT Gauage
Boost Gauge

Highly Recommended Parts
Built Engine
Meth Injection
and some ***** :thumbsup:
These two guys have RIPP kits and Scott (Sroufe7) gives a good list of things needed to put the kit into our cars.
I was wrong, there's apparently 3 guys that are charged currently. There would have been 4 but the original charged Avenger got rid of it for some reason that I can't remember.

Old 04-11-2007, 07:43 PM
sprman9
Rookie

i havent done any turboing or anything yet. someone was telling me about superchargers and was seeing what was up with that. idk the pricing differences between the two either. theres more reasearch and homework for me to do still. and i assumed the lag couldnt be too bad if so many people use it. thanks again.

Quick Reply: supercharger