1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Door Switch

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 12:34 AM
dynamiteplaya3
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Switch

hey does anyone know where the door switch is located on the drivers side and passenger doors and approx. cost of 2 door swiches mine are bad

Old 04-15-2007, 12:48 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Door Switch

Rubber covered swith on rear of door frame ...
Approx $6 each at the auto parts store or at the Mitsu dealer ....Dodge wants $20
Sometimes they can be cleaned with contact cleaner

MR124302 - Driverside (blue)
MR124303 - Passenger (black)

Old 04-17-2007, 01:54 PM
dynamiteplaya3
Veteran

ok, i was able to get away with spraying down the passengers side door with WD-40 and it works fine now but my drivers side is dead.. so i went and ordered it from autozone and they were asking 8.88 is that reasonable.. and also the Damn screw that holds the switch into place is STUCK... i tried for almost an hour yesterday to get the screw to loosen but it wouldnt, i even used a power drill.... does anyone know an easier way to unscrew this thing.. i dont want to strip the screw so i had to quit after a while

Old 04-17-2007, 02:14 PM
aveng_95

With old screw driver and hammer, insert screw driver in screw then with a good solid whack hit the screw driver to loosen the rust build-up on the screw. This works for me about 90% of the time but i caution you, Do not hit your hand/wrist with hammer this will cause extreme pain and some nasty words.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:19 PM
dynamiteplaya3
Veteran

ok thanks aveng_95 i tried it and it worked perfectly after a few good hits.... but i was just wondering... a few posts ago bad veng said that the drivers side switch is Blue, and thats what i ordered at the autoparts store, but when i pulled the old switch out of the drivers side door, it was black... identical to the passengers side... so i took the switch out of the drivers side door, and swapped it to the passengers side door just to see if it would work becauseand maybe they previously ordered the wrong switch for the drivers side door but it wouldnt work, so i knew that switch was dead... im just hoping that i didnt order the wrong switch (not saying that u are giving me false information or anything bad veng) but iwas just curious when i pulled a black switch out of the drivers side door...

Old 04-18-2007, 08:25 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

The ENTIRE switch isn't blue just the part you plug into ... If yours isn't it might have been replaced with an AFTERMARKET one

Old 04-19-2007, 07:25 PM
dynamiteplaya3
Veteran

ok thanks guys, my door switch came in today and it works great so just wanted to thank you for the help...

Old 04-19-2007, 10:35 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

No problem

Quick Reply: Door Switch