1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

help

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 12:21 PM
projectvenge95
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help

ok so i have a 95 dodge avenger, this is the first car i've done any work to, except oil changes and brakes, so i'm new to all this and the only problem i dont have is body work. i have a few problems with the car, the drivers side door sags when you open it and you have to lift it to close it

my battery dies if you look at it wrong, for the past 2 months i've had to get my car jump started to go anywhere, the battery is good, and the charging system is good.at first i thought is was my subs, so i disconnected those and i'm still having the problem

i just put a volt meter guage in, but i didnt you a gauge pod or anything i just cut a hole where the cigarette lighter is and i put the gauge mount there, the problem is i dont know what to use to make it look stock, at first i used liquid metal, but everytime i sand it, it seems the vibrations crack it

and i read the post about changing the hvac and the head unit, i like that idea alot but how would you go about making the bezel for that seeing as it would have to be custom

there are alot of rust problems with the car and rust on a car is like cancer, so right now i'm working on getting a 99 avenger es sport. any known problem with this year model. its the 2.5 auto. I want to make the car manual with a bigger engine. a buddy of mine is a mustang fanatic and his answer for everythingis put a 5.0 in. at first i thought that he was an idiot, but started thinking about it, and was wondering if it could actually work any ideas on an engine that would work, as long as its manual is what i want, i can alway throw a turbo on to make it faster.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:19 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: help

ORIGINAL: projectvenge95

ok so i have a 95 dodge avenger, this is the first car i've done any work to, except oil changes and brakes, so i'm new to all this and the only problem i dont have is body work. i have a few problems with the car, the drivers side door sags when you open it and you have to lift it to close it
(likely bad hinges)

my battery dies if you look at it wrong, for the past 2 months i've had to get my car jump started to go anywhere, the battery is good, and the charging system is good.at first i thought is was my subs, so i disconnected those and i'm still having the problem
(Check for other constant draws check the trunk light)

i just put a volt meter guage in, but i didnt you a gauge pod or anything i just cut a hole where the cigarette lighter is and i put the gauge mount there, the problem is i dont know what to use to make it look stock, at first i used liquid metal, but everytime i sand it, it seems the vibrations crack it
(Fiberglass is the best way to try to get it back ) (Gauge pods were only $40, now your stuck with it)

and i read the post about changing the hvac and the head unit, i like that idea alot but how would you go about making the bezel for that seeing as it would have to be custom
(cut the stocker and fiberglass it to fit the opposite set up then paint )

there are alot of rust problems with the car and rust on a car is like cancer, so right now i'm working on getting a 99 avenger es sport. any known problem with this year model. its the 2.5 auto. I want to make the car manual with a bigger engine. a buddy of mine is a mustang fanatic and his answer for everythingis put a 5.0 in. at first i thought that he was an idiot, but started thinking about it, and was wondering if it could actually work any ideas on an engine that would work, as long as its manual is what i want, i can alway throw a turbo on to make it faster.
(There is NO ONE with a 2.5 manual ... There are no trannies that will bolt up and run yet several ARE trying ... There also is several RWD V8 avengers but they are basically prostock or old IROC cars ... Easiest Engine Swap is a 3.0 Mitsu/dodge