1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

dodge avengenger YOUR GROUNDED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 01:51 AM
sc.avenger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dodge avengenger YOUR GROUNDED!!!!

my dodge avenger 2.0 goes through hell and back when i try and start it, the motor rotates, almost starts and back to rolling over again, the asd relay has no power when the ignition is on, but during cranking process, it will click numerous times like it wont stay powered,wants to start but wont can any one explain why this is , if it powers the fuel relay or not, or just tell me everything you know from the ignition wire to the fuel pump and to the coil,
thanks a bunch.

Old 05-11-2007, 05:05 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: dodge avengenger YOUR GROUNDED!!!!

I have the ASD info pinned at the top of this forum.
https://dodgeforum.com/m_554757/tm.htm
Go with this and let us know how it goes. Another item that you might want to keep in mind is the crank angle sensor as it gives injector and spark timing. Worse case is the PCM.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:57 AM
sc.avenger

would the crank sensor make the motor roll over kinda in a cycle, where it will roll over, speed up as if its going to start, and then come to a hault, back pressure out of the trrottle body on ocassion, almost start again, and back to rolling over, sometimes after coming to that hault, when i turn the key again it will catch and start, but only for 20 seconds to 3 minutes, sometimes just before it quits, it will idle alot higher& suck alot of airfrom the throttle body and just shut off, other times just turns off,
when the car ran for almost 3 minutes i put my foot on the gas to rev it up a bit, doing so killed it. it didnt even rev up, another time when it finally ran i reved it up but alot slower, and it reved up a bit then died.

Old 05-11-2007, 10:11 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Yeah, if the crank angle sensor isn't working correctly, it will not allow spark or injectors to fire correctly in referrence to timing. The ASD will do it too.

Quick Reply: dodge avengenger YOUR GROUNDED!!!!