1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Question about the head gasket oil leak..

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007 | 06:28 PM
JokerzVeng
|
Rookie
Default Question about the head gasket oil leak..

Hey all...just a quick Q bout the oil leak from the head..i havnt seen a post on it 4 a bit..but when i took my veng to the dealer for the recall...he said my head gasket was leaking oil..ne1 know how bad this gets and will it gets real bad..or just compromise the whole cylinder maybe?
ne input would b gr8ly appreciated..******2.0 guyz******

oh and 1 more thing..im planning on driving it on a road trip to the beach this weekend..so if ne of you guyz that have been around for a while(silver..bad)..could lemme know soon that would b shweet...

Old 05-15-2007 | 06:49 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Default RE: Question about the head gasket oil leak..

I4 or V6 ???

Old 05-16-2007 | 07:27 PM
aveng_95

If you have the I4 twin cam motor then i'm willing to bet your head gasket is ok. I had a problem 1 year ago with my I4 after a oil change i was droping a large amount of oil, went back to the oil change shop to see if filter or pan plug was loose ( all good ), Went to dodge dealership and then said it was the head gasket because oil was running down from where the head and block meat just above the altenator and then could fix it for aprox $1200. parts/labour. Well i don't like dealership prices so i got a buddy bring me a head gasket set from the USA and wen't at it myself, Hell my head gasket was fine but the exhaust cam seal was gone so all the oil would leak out behind the cam gear then down to the block deck then towards the altenator. If you get a head gasket set ( under $200 US compared to over $500 CDN ) you will have all the parts you'll need even if your head gasket is bad. I did mine in one day alone.

Old 05-16-2007 | 09:22 PM
JokerzVeng
|
Rookie

thnx 95...but what i was kinda wondering was actually how bad it getz and how quick...ive been turning wrenches for over a decade myself..i can do i just dont wanna do it till after my honeymoon...lol..and yes it is the I4 2.0...

Quick Reply: Question about the head gasket oil leak..