1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

hid kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 03:50 AM
blackvenge34
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hid kit

ok i found this hid kit on ebay its cheap so probably too good to be true but just wanted an opinion thank hid kit

Old 05-20-2007, 01:12 PM
josef15111
Veteran
Default RE: hid kit

they look like mine do almost i got mine off of ebay but they were over 200 bucks i would give them a try there cheap and you will love the light they put out i wouldnt really recomend going past 8k with the color though you wont be able to see very well. and the price seems nice i woulda tried them if i seen that.

Joe

Old 05-20-2007, 02:49 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from what I've seen those need a lense adapted from another HID headlight to get them to work ...

Old 05-20-2007, 10:45 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

ORIGINAL: blackvenge34

ok i found this hid kit on ebay its cheap so probably too good to be true but just wanted an opinion thank hid kit
First let me commend you on using the link button Bryan

Ok, here's my opinion on these kits....I like them. It does seem too good to be true for the price. It may be a hazard waiting to happen. The one thing I notice from only the generic pics is that it looks like every other HID kit out there...that can be a good thing because my buddy has one in his Eclipse GS-T. I had my Avenger parked next to his with our headlights on. I have Silverstars which are bright enough for me and he had the kit. His illuminated the parking lot in front of us A LOT better than mine. The light was cutoff at the lower half of a bumper (car parked about two bus lengths away) and he has yet to adjust it lower just to be safe. I was impressed, after all, the point of getting them are to have more of the road lit up...right?
I don't think it's a bad price either.....just be warned, you are shopping on ebay and you are looking at, more or less, a generic HID kit. It's up to you Bryan.
If you're worried about the light cutoff, that can be fixed. Kits like these have been installed in a lot of Eclipses (the headlights are similar to our with just the housing being different) and the installs have been refined a lot from the first few that I've seen.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:33 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried a kit and I was getting bright lighted by every fricken car I passed , the beams were aimed down as low as possible ... I got a lense set from a newer Altima headlight and installed it ifo the bulb and it really helped but still got brighted allot ... State trooper pulled me over after he flashed me and I lit him up with the high beams .. he gave me a bs ticket for "illegal headlight" So I ripped them out and sold them to another local who ran them for three months to get popped by a different cop ...

Old 05-21-2007, 03:20 AM
blackvenge34
Veteran

yea i think i might give em a try i wanna buy the headlights that are on ebay and then that kit they do also have headkughts with the hid kit installed i mentioned them before but id be saving a little money but then again the other ones are installed so well see just looking for ideas the only reason i put them up is because the kits ive seen and the one that my buddy out in his 3 g eclipse was 200 this was only 60 or sumthing like that so i was woundering if they were cheapo cuz they are cheapi like the light from his he also put some sort of vinal on the car for eyelids the headlights look like evil eyes it looks really good

Old 05-22-2007, 01:25 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

ORIGINAL: bad venge

I tried a kit and I was getting bright lighted by every fricken car I passed , the beams were aimed down as low as possible ... I got a lense set from a newer Altima headlight and installed it ifo the bulb and it really helped but still got brighted allot ... State trooper pulled me over after he flashed me and I lit him up with the high beams .. he gave me a bs ticket for "illegal headlight" So I ripped them out and sold them to another local who ran them for three months to get popped by a different cop ...
Do you have pics of your Altima headlight lens, BV?