1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

High Beam headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 01:51 PM
aveng_95
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Beam headlights

I just spent the last 2 day replaceing the lower rad support in my Avenger, 95 420A/ 5 speed. Welded in new lower rad support with battery out of the car. all went well with the transplant except i have no high beam headlights. Bulbs are not burnt as this car has day time running lights. The blue high beam indicator light works as well as the low beams just no high beams. checked all fuses and even pulled the relay from under the hood. According to the Haynes repair manual there is a second relay ( high beam relay ) but i can not locate it. The passing lights also work ok. Did i blow something from electric welding.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:16 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: High Beam headlights

I thought the second relay is in the under the hood fuse panel

Old 05-21-2007, 04:39 PM
aveng_95

The relay under the hood controls the low beams. there are no headlamp relays or highbeam fuses under the dash. the only thing i can think of that i touched/changed is the relay behind the drivers side fog light, you know the one that Dodge said was a horn relay and wanted $60 for, Well i found the horn relay in the box under the hood next to the ECM. When i unpluged the relay behind the fog light i sprayed some penetraiting oil into the plug to clean up the green contacts and installed the other old relay i had in my past post. That is about the only thing that makes any sense, After all it is a 95 ( 1st year production ).

Old 05-21-2007, 05:05 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is up in the hood box ... I fried it when my HID ballast burnt ...

Old 05-22-2007, 02:57 PM
aveng_95

I now have highbeam headlamps again. That little rusty relay looking thing that i pictured in my past post that is located under the fender behind the left ( drivers side ) fog lamp is the highbeam headlamp relay. After cleaning all the green off the contacts and reinstalling the relay i now have highbeams. What a dumb place to locate a relay, Not one of Dodge's brighter ideas.

Quick Reply: High Beam headlights