1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

legal issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 07:32 PM
blackvenge34
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default legal issue

ok heres the story my brother just got a civic coup with a b20 bottom b16 head and an si trans he bought it and something was wrong with the brakes the guy tried to helpfix it but it was a no go and when he (my bro) drove it the brakes kept locking up he took it to a mechanic and found out he needed new brakelines clutchlines the cams were put on wrong the headgasket was on wrong the mechanic said 1000 the guy didnt want nething to do with it ok now we come to find out after digging deeper the camshaft was messed up pretty much the head is f*** theres metal and crap all in it. is there any thing my bro can do legal wise i know he bought the car from a guy n all but he wasnt told of any of these issues if i typed st worng or u dont understand ill try to clear things up as best i can thanx

Old 07-05-2007, 08:53 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: legal issue

Speaking from experience, the law pretty much leaves you holding the bag on buying a used car from a private party. The buyer is responsible for making sure the car is in good shape (by checking it out personally or taking it to a mechanic). Failure to do so is not a legal defense.

I got sued for selling a car with a bad front end that I was not aware of. (I bought the car to resell it, and had only driven it once). The above paragraph sums up what the judge told the other guy.

Dusty

Old 07-05-2007, 09:36 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup it's buyer beware ... sounds like he bought a lemon ...

Old 07-05-2007, 11:40 PM
blackvenge34
Veteran

oh yea he bought a lemon i mean the car has the potential to be fast from wat i understand thats most likly y he just went and bought it i have a buddy who know a little more about cars n wat to look for who had a car for him also we found a 5spd female driven 3 gen eclipse which most likly wasnt beaten on and was in great shap then he picked the lemon o well its gonna be a learning experience thanx

Quick Reply: legal issue