1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

'95 Overheating Update

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 12:16 AM
odel0022
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '95 Overheating Update

So i did a flush of the radiator and it seemed to work for a couple of days then when driving to dinner, my car started to overheat, I was almost there so I turned the heat on high, and it was insanely hot. I popped the hood and saw that steam was pouring from infront of the radiator reserve tank, visibily it looked like it was coming from around the passengerside headlight. There was also visible liquid as well which may have been consensation. Also, the anti-freeze/water solution in the reserve tank was boiling out of control. Any suggestions?

Old 07-24-2007, 12:53 AM
airflow
Default RE: '95 Overheating Update

I had similar problems and found out my water pump was broken. Replaced the water pump and no more over heating. I have the 95 Avenger ES.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:39 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you replace the thermostat and the radiator cap ???

the steaming is the overflow tank has a hose that runs down there ....

Old 07-25-2007, 11:10 AM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

I was curious about that. My res doesn't hold coolant well when it wants to. I replaced the radiatior, cap, timing belt, and water pump, and even the lil rubber hose over my Exhaust manifold. I had a overheating prob a while back I check the res it was orange so I thought it took Dexcool, thought it was odd it did cuz its suck a cheap car but I figured what the hell I want to go home. Any ways I filled the res with 2 bottles of that 50/50 mixed I turned her on she suck it all up but never leaked. Now she holds the same temp but only holds coolant in the res when she wants too. I filled it so many times I gave up on it she don't over heat when pressurized it and not leakes in the system so.... im lost. Only thing is when drving around 80mph the heat turns on.

Quick Reply: '95 Overheating Update