1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Hello......I'm new here.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 11:01 PM
geffen928
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello......I'm new here.

Good Evening All.....This is my 1st post here on the Dodge Forum. I have been a life long Mopar man. My 1st brand new car was a 1985 Shelby Charger....Red/Silver. After that came a 1989 LeBaron GTC. I kept that a good long while till the summer of '97, when I factory ordered my current car, '97 Avenger ES....Indy Red w/ Tan leather....and the ever-so-rare 5speed. I know that I don't fit the typical demographic of the Avenger owner...i'm 43. I just love this car. I had always had plans of totally going through the car...making it exactly as Iwanted. In the spring of '05 the new car bug bit...as such, I traded my Avenger on a then new '05 GTO 6speed. I hated that car, it was impossible to live with ( especially in the winter) I began the adventure of tracking down my Avenger....it was TOO easy. Long story short, I sold the GTO to Carmax, bought the Avenger back and an very happy with it. So.......with that said....let the mods begin. Here's the plan....The suspension will receive all new control arms w/ new bushings/ ball joints, coil-overs, and chassis ties w/ strut bars. The brakes will get Rotora's 13.2" slotted w/ 4 piston red caliper kit. 5Zigen Hyper 5ZR 18X7.5 wheels w/ the proper rubber. The interior is still in great shape but i'm considering some new seat covers by Katzkin, other than that just a good deep cleaning. New Indy Red base coat/clear coat. What's left???? Lots of little stuff that really makes a difference when put in sum.Oh yes, the engine....here's the plan.... 2.2L Stroker from Howell stuffed w/ the following. Steel stroker crank, Eagle rods, 10.5cr forged pistons, 1mm largerSS valves w/ port&polish, Crane 016 cams w/matched springs/retainers/locks/ PTstyle roller rockers, HV oil pump, 55mm TB, matched Bosal header&cat-back, IceMan Cai,AF/X UDP, AF/X ECU,high output ignition coil. That should about get the job done. My only hiccup is the the engine is taking a while to arrive. It was ordered on 04/02/07, and i'm still waiting. Howellhas a great reputation....so i'll be patient. That's my story.Any advicewould be great.

Geffen

Old 08-22-2007, 12:46 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hello......I'm new here.

Welcome to Dodge Forums Geffen
I must say that your vehicle lineup require a request for pictures

I'm curious as to why you chose to go with high compression forged pistons over lowering the compression and slapping on a turbo? I'm guessing that you slapped on some dual springs in the head to be able to rev high. That would have been a perfect combination with a semi-large to large turbo. The semi-large to large turbo would allow normal driving, even in snow, while cruising and then pull hard when revved just slightly past 3.5k (depending on turbo). I'm not criticizing, just curious as to the route you took.

Quick Reply: Hello......I'm new here.