1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Power locks problem, remote starting

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 07:44 PM
johnnybegood_5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power locks problem, remote starting

1995 avenger ES has the power locks option. The actual lock itself is fine when using a key but when i push the power button to lock/unlock, only the passenger side works and the driver side stays the same. When i push it with my hand it locks fine and the other side locks aswell. The car has a Avital tornado2 alarm system hooked up.Anyone know what could be causing this problem?

Also, i was told that the car has a remote starter hooked up, but i can't get the car running from the remote. The remote has 2 buttons, one for the locks/alarm and the other so far does nothing.... Anyone know how the device hooks up to start the car(may be bad wires)?

Thanks for your time, John

Old 10-24-2007, 08:34 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Power locks problem, remote starting

You have a bad power actuator in the drivers door ....
check for 12 volts when activating , 12 volts no lock/unlock= bad actuator...
Not familiar with the Avital , have you tried pushing both buttons simultaniously ???

Old 10-24-2007, 09:08 PM
johnnybegood_5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Power locks problem, remote starting

Thanks for the fast respone, I have tried pushing the buttons at the same time, simultaniously,and in every order/pattern i could think of but nothing... I have a feeling a wire or fuse is shot somewhere in the system.

Quick Reply: Power locks problem, remote starting