1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

98 avenger 2.5 es

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 10:44 AM
billybob196
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 avenger 2.5 es

alright,
ive got a 98 dodge avenger es in my shop, the problem i am having is odd... when i satrt the car it idles at 350-400 rpm, when i hit the throttle the enigine bogs if i slowly feather it up it will slowly rise till about 2500 rpm then backfire and buck we at one time got a intermittent cmp ckp code P01391 to pop on everyonce in a while, heres the catch. the catylitic converters glow red after idling or running the motor for a few minuetes, so we replaced the cats and no got new cats, theygot hot, completely took the exhaust off and still enigine runs horrible replaced all o2 sensorsfuel pressure regulator,crank, cam, pcm, map,tp, iac, coolant temp sensoor distributor rotor wires plugs checked fuel pressure checked spark timing (allmarks dead on). The only thing i am noticing is my fuel injectors at idle are staying open for 7.0-11.0 Ms.One day i took the distributor out bored the hole side out some so it couldrotate a little and i could advancethe timing, the car ran at one spot like a charmforone day and injectors were at 4.0msor less at idlestill seemedjust a little rich.Next morning bogged gave meintermittent cmp ckp erased the code and i havnt been able to get it back since, now my thing isCATS glowing, 7.0 Ms or higher injectors what do i do where do i go?????

Old 11-12-2007, 10:46 AM
billybob196
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 avenger 2.5 es

oh also we have replaced the intake gaskets upper and lower

Old 11-12-2007, 12:14 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 98 avenger 2.5 es

I had one doing something similar the crank pulley had sheared the pin and rotated so the "timing" marks looked alright but was off ...

Quick Reply: 98 avenger 2.5 es