1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Instrument panel/dashboard/bezel/whateverr

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 09:53 AM
N8898U
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instrument panel/dashboard/bezel/whateverr

i just got guage faceplates for my '99 venge, and i went to go put em in, but is there no other way to get to that panel other than taking off the WHOLE dashboard?

Old 12-01-2007, 01:55 PM
sprman9
Rookie
Default RE: Instrument panel/dashboard/bezel/whateverr

you can take the bezel itself out. just take the 4 screws that hide and pull it out. for the lighting, i wired mine to the radio power wire or something. i hear that other people wire it upto the dimmer switch.

Old 12-01-2007, 05:52 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Instrument panel/dashboard/bezel/whateverr

2 phillips screws will remove the black bezel around the gauges , be sure to tilt the steering wheel all the way down , and throw a towel over the wheel ect to prevent scratching , then remove the four phillips screws around the cluster, pull out towards you , remove the clear plastic cover , then the black cover ...
Do you have to remove the needles ???

Old 10-27-2011, 05:56 PM
DodgeAvg
Amateur

Hello bad venge

I didn't want to create new topic.
I want to change my Dodge Avenger 1997 dashboard / instruments "backlights" to leds.
Atm there are "usual" light bulbs inside. I want to replace them.

So you say, i don't have to remove the steering wheel at all?
I can get it out just like that?

I remember when i owned BMW E36, 1994. I could remove it without removing steering wheel. I have told that i can't do that, but i did.

I have the airbag in wheel (dunno if it works) but i really would prefer not removing the wheel itself.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:51 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No need to remove the wheel , Be sure to lower the tilt down and throw a towel over the top of the cover behind the wheel, the rear of the cluster has some sharp spors and can damage the cover....
Just another word the clusters have a yellow coating behind them to get the "pure" color you might need to sand it off

Old 10-28-2011, 06:29 AM
DodgeAvg
Amateur

Thank you.
I thins weekend i will try to take a look.
If it's not very cold outside.

I'm just trying to make the colors and whole interior a bit more nicer and interesting..

I will post some pics if i am done with it.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:11 AM
nsigary
Default Cluster replacement

Heres the gauges i put in mine. I wired them into the dimmer wire on the stereo.

1: Lower the steering column

2: remove the two screws holding the black bezel and pull from the bottom and lift it up to pull it out.

3: remove the four gold zink coated screws from the instrument cluster then pull it out.

4: remove the clear cover from the instrument cluster.

5: remove the black cover from over the gauges.

6: place the new white gauges over the proper gauges... ( the kit i used slipped over the top of the needles) then i put four dots of super glue under the new gauges near the outside. So the new gauges didn't slip.

7: ran the wires from each cluster to the right side near the top and connected them together.

8: removed the center consul and the radio. wired in the cluster lights to the dimmer wire for the radio. then put everything back together.

if you have any questions email me directly. nsigary@aol.com

Quick Reply: Instrument panel/dashboard/bezel/whateverr