1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 11:58 PM
blackvenge34
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo kit

i found this turbo kit on eay its for a gen 1 eclipse turbo kitwat are things that i would also need to get with the kit i think the headers but wat else

Old 12-18-2007, 08:45 AM
73dart
Professional
Default RE: turbo kit

You would need the exauhst manifold andall of the cold piping, heater hose fot the water connections, and probally a few misc fittings for the oil line feed. I see it comes with the air fuel gauge that is a must to not run too lean and burn holes in the pistions. I would get a boost gauge as well. Have been told not to run more than 8-10 lbs of boost on stock head. If running more than that might want ot get lower compression pistions, new MLS head gaskett, arp head studs, and oring the head. Also might have to upgrade the injectors at a later date if it runs too lean. Looking at adding a turbo to mine while I'm rebuilding it as well just haven't decided wheather to turbo the Avenger or build a set of Twin Turbos for the truck. Leaning more toward the avenger because it will cost half as much but then If I had twins the truck and add more fuel should be able to pull the 1/4 mile times into to the low 13s, and for a 7,000 lb truck thats not thatbad.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:11 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a second gen kit ... plug and play ...

Old 12-18-2007, 02:19 PM
blackvenge34
Veteran

ok also i know they say the ebay kits are junk but what exactly is junk i mean if i was just running 7-8psi im not saying im going to get it but i was just curious people say there junk but what about them is junk or jus everything is thanx

Old 12-18-2007, 06:08 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

The ebay kits you normally post are generic kits they are not a true designed to fit kit , they use generic piping bends and rubber couplers these my freind are NOT the correct way to do intercooler piping ...Also add to that the manifolds are not the best built and are not truly dyno proven ... Most of the turbo's are not easily rebuildable so when you have troubles you are S-O-L, and buying a new turbo ...
Howell automotive, hahn and star make direct bolt ups with hard piping

The kit you posted above is for the entire wrong year/motor so really not worth it at all ...

Old 12-19-2007, 03:04 AM
blackvenge34
Veteran

yea thanx i was just curious also would it be cheaper to buy things seperate or all in one kit? see my timing belt went on me when i was on the highway doing about 80 didnt get it looked yet but my mechanic said im probably going to have to rebuild the head it has 106k miles on it so while its apart im thinking of just redoing the whole motor n i was thinking of turboing it to possibly my loan for school is coming soon n i might be able to get away with buyin a turbo probably not the best idea but o well

Old 12-19-2007, 04:35 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

if you lost the belt at 80 ... I'm guessing you might have more then head damage the valves normally hit the pistons and cause damage ...

Quick Reply: turbo kit