1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

front brake locked up.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 01:29 PM
TheZephire
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front brake locked up.

so yesterday i was driving down rockester road when i started to hear a loud clicking/rubbing. i paused my cd player to get a better sence of the sound. i decided that my wheelberings pretty much just blew, i was less then a mile from home so i thought maby i will make it home. it was 4:15 and dai have a eye doceter appointment at 4:30 so i was just gonna take the other car. right when im thinking this my passengers wheel locks up, so now im skidding at 35 mph on a curved road with cars all around me. i put my car in nutral and that didnt help so i put it back in drive and slid it into a parking lot entrace. i start looking at my car, looking at my brakes, my steering, and e brake, well what happend was my top capiper bolt came out making my caliper lock against my wheel and stopping me, people yelled at me to move but i was stuck. i got my car to move my inching it forward and pushing in the brake caliper. well i bought this car a couple weeks ago, they did the brakes, do you think i may have something here? that was something they did the day before, or that day that i got it. i almost got rammed by oncoming traffic, i almost DIED! i gottta have some lawsuit, or something!

Old 12-21-2007, 01:48 PM
josef15111
Veteran
Default RE: front brake locked up.

wow that happend to me also it was my fron pass wheel. i was driving along and started to hear a funny noise hit my brakes and poof my wheel locked up only drive in reverse i got lucky and was coming to a red light but it ate my new rim all up.. i found that it was my top bolt also that had backed out. i did my brakes about a month before that. And i know i got them bolts good and tight i doubled checked and all.. i shoulda used loctite...

JOE

Old 12-21-2007, 02:07 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guy at works son had the same thing , just bought the car , New brakes and tires installed , locked up NO bolts in the front caliper wedged on the wheel

Old 12-21-2007, 02:31 PM
yanickee
Professional

I can feel the pain. I am gonna do my brakes today, I'll make sure to triple check the torque! Last thing I need is for my caliper bolts come loose!

Old 12-22-2007, 01:02 AM
TheZephire
Rookie

yea, i was pretty upset when that happend...

Quick Reply: front brake locked up.