1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

bleeding PS system

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 11:13 AM
yanickee
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bleeding PS system

OK, I'm having an issue with my PS unit. Makes squeaky noises, checked my PS fluid looks a little dirty! Was wondering about proper/easy/fast way to bleed the PS system? And what fluid to buy?
And I have very annoying squeaky noise when I turn left! I just replaced my curved control arms, one of them was bad, need to replace my tie-rods, but I don't see tie-rods causing the noise. I was thinking my shocks are going bad! Any ideas?

Thanks!

Old 03-03-2008, 12:15 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: bleeding PS system

Belt tension OK ???
Squeaky or belt squealling ???
Have someone yopu trust get in and crank the wheel and you listen to see where it's localized at ...

Old 03-03-2008, 12:37 PM
yanickee
Professional

Tension is good! But every time i start the car and turn the wheel, it makes squealing noise. After a minute or so it stops! Sounds like a PS pump is making the noise!
I am gonna take my car to Midas on wed. so they can take a look at my suspension, it's free, and I know some guys there.
I will do the test to see where it's coming from and keep you updated! Thanks BV!

Old 03-06-2008, 03:00 PM
yanickee
Professional

OK, went to Midas! Suspesion is nice and tight. Sounds like it's coming from my steering rack. So gotta take it to some steering guruand see if he can voodoo me some solution!

Quick Reply: bleeding PS system